When you work hard, it is nice to get some recognition every once in a while. At Pillar To Post, we work hard to provide outstanding resources to our franchisees so that they can truly capitalize on our positive brand image to build strong businesses. We have created an amazing franchise opportunity that we are proud of, and our hard work has been recognized—for the 5th consecutive year—by Entrepreneur.
Each year, Entrepreneur publishes a ranking of franchise opportunities in their Franchise 500 list. This list is widely recognized in the industry as the definitive ranking of franchises, and brands from all niches submit applications to be considered for the list.
#1 in Our Category
Pillar To Post is consistently a high performer on the Franchise 500 list, this year coming in at #58 overall. Not only do we rank in the top 100 franchise opportunities, but we are also top in the home inspection franchise category.
There are no other home inspection franchises that can compare to the Pillar To Post.
What’s the Big Deal with the Entrepreneur Franchise 500 Ranking?
How did Entrepreneur become the name in franchise rankings? Through their thorough, definitive criteria by which they measure each franchise.
The Franchise 500 are determined by evaluating each company’s FDD (Franchise Disclosure Document) for the following 5 categories:
- Costs and Fees: Entrepreneur compares initial franchise fees, total investment estimations, and royalty percentages.
- Size and Growth: Measuring how many open units there are, how many locations closed in the last year, and the growth rate gives Entrepreneur an idea of the health and size of the brand.
- Support: One of the biggest perks of investing in a franchise is the support that you get from an experienced group of professionals. Entrepreneur wants to know about the time franchisees spend in training, the support they get with marketing and operations, and whether the franchisor has been involved in any litigation.
- Brand Strength: A strong brand is critical to a strong franchise, which is why Entrepreneur evaluates every brand’s social media presence, years in business, and system size.
- Financial Strength and Stability: It is obvious that investing in a franchise with unstable financials is a recipe for disaster. In order to understand a brand’s financial strength and stability, Entrepreneur analyzes their audited financial statements.
Based on these criteria, each company receives a score based on more than 150 data points. These data points can sometimes change, as new factors become relevant or obsolete. Entrepreneur’s website mentions that social media presence is a relatively new metric that they measure, because it didn’t exist 38 years ago, when Entrepreneur started the Franchise 500 ranking in their magazine.
One of the most important aspects of the Entrepreneur ranking is that it is updated each year, meaning that each franchisor has to submit its FDD every year for a chance to remain on the list. This gives lower-ranking brands a chance to up their game in an attempt to gain a higher ranking. Or, in Pillar To Post’s case, it proves that some brands are consistently great.